Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

They Can't All Be Winners: Whine And Wine

I can't believe it was butter.
I had a terrible weekend.  I didn't get to see Mama because I wasted too much time goofing off, got sick Friday night which continued until yesterday afternoon.  It may have been, as one of my old professors used to say, the "wine flu," so please no pity, but it was absolutely no fun.

Literally the second I felt better, my dog Peabody (photo above) decided to break into the fridge and eat a stick of butter.  I found the greasy paper in his dog bed, but not in time.  So then he got sick (the ol' "butter flu") and I spent the entire night either taking him outside every 1.5 hours, or scrubbing the carpet.  Needless to say, I wasn't able to make much progress on my house.  But here's what the roof ended up looking after painting:


9 comments:

  1. That roof looks great, Maria, it all looks so realistic. I am sorry to hear your weekend wasn't very nice, naughty dog ;)!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad dog! Almost as bad as 'wine flu'; I'll have to remember that one!

    The roof is perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - that does not sound like a very good night! Your roof is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see Mama too! The commercials scare the cr@p out of me. Sorry you and Peabody were sick, but at least he got to enjoy some butter first. A dog after my own heart. I read somewhere that at state fairs, you can get deep fried butter on a stick. I can't die until I try that. Of course, I may die immediately after that but it's a chance I'm willing to take.

    The roof looks great!

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Maria,
    what a crap weekend..literally! I home you and Peabody are doing better! The roof looks fantastic...no way to tell it is not real life size.
    Rest up, bug hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's ok to get the "wine flu"...but the "butter flu"? Not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well seeing as you got "wine flu" Peabody probably felt he was entitled to get butter flu lol ( sorry i shouldn't laugh hehe) Your roof looks fantastic.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria, hope Peabody is doing better! I like your brick work, it looks very realistic. THNX to your old professor i am going to name my hangovers the wine flue from now one. ;)
    gr. AM

    ReplyDelete
  9. The project is looking great. Your Peabody story reminds me of one I heard not too long ago - rolls were left out on the counter to rise, covered only by a towel. The dog ate them all. Not only did they expand and make him sick, but the yeast also made him very drunk!

    ReplyDelete