Translate

Monday, April 2, 2012

HUGE Update

Unlike my dollhouse, I've neglected this blog so here's a progress update (in photos) of my loft:

The lighting finally is complete!  I can't tell you how much I've obsessed over the schematics of the lighting since this was my first time hardwiring instead of tapewiring.  From now on, however, I'm sold on hardwiring.  The transformer I bought is too weak to power all the lights, so the desk lamp isn't on, and of course the wires are going to be hidden.
I used CIR-Kit spotlight bulbs for an industrial lighting effect.
There's still much to be done here including a corner desk and tons of knick-knacks.



I've also decided to make this blog a tutorial blog since much of my work is scratch-built and the result of random trial-and-error.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    I am on the Greenleaf forum, too, and saw that you had a blog and you were talking about wiring!

    I like what you are doing. I use tapewire--not the greatest person with a soldering iron! Those CIR-Kit spotlight bulbs are very effective. I will be watching what you are doing--I am always looking for ideas!

    I have a blog too, and I would love it if you would like to follow my blog about my dollhouse builds:
    http://IrisMarchCreations.blogspot.com
    (I answer to Iris or Judith!)

    Have a good day!
    Judith/Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your loft is fantastic. One of these days I will tackle lighting, but have shied away so far. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete